65% New Yorker. 100% Texan. Likes: baking, puppies, beauty products, great meals, and the color yellow. Dislikes: poor grammar, Nutella, name-droppers, mushrooms, canned corn, and one-uppers. And yes, I use the Oxford comma. If you'd like to inquire, try lizlemon.tumblr.com/ask or lizlemonnn at gmail dot com. Sorry, but you cannot have my username.
Your Official Christmas/Holiday Gift Guide… if you’re shopping for me
It’s really popular to do gift guides this time of year, which I totally appreciate because I need ideas for people. So obviously like 85% of things I gift every year are stolen from tumblr (and the other 15% are books which were originally found here as well so you know). I’m not sure I can contribute anything more comprehensive than those already on the internets so instead of being like, here’s what you can get dudes/kids/in-laws/etc., here’s what you can get me (or really, any sarcastic preppy person), aside from the usual suspects (anything from J.Crew or lululemon, duh.)
(And yes, I’m posting my Christmas list of the internet. How gauche. Oh well.)
A PUPPY - I ask for this every year. No one’s taken me seriously yet. Maybe this will be the year. (And yes, I actually do want to rescue and for the dog to be not a puppy, or rather, my landlord would prefer an older dog, but you know. Shoot for the moon.) Link to image credit, not a puppy store, sadly.
Yellow and Herringbone TOMS - Unfortunately, these beauts are sold out in size 7 online (sorry, Santa!) and TOMS has a habit of only selling their most awesome pairs on their website, but lemme know if you see them in a store, mmkay?
The scarf so amazing I gasped - I’m the queen of scarves. This is the only one on my list. THAT’S HOW MUCH I LOVE IT.
Awesomely preppy leggings - Because looooook! Houndstooth!
Awesome faux leather jacket - Santa, I promise to give away two jackets for this one.
J.Crew studded wallet - I don’t NEED a new wallet, which means I’m not allowed to buy this for myself but I definitely wouldn’t turn it down.
Knotted Rope Bowl - Because if something has to sit on the counter and hold fruit, it really should be this, amirite?
Kate Spade Champagne Flutes - Because we should toast with something at the wedding, right?
Here’s Your Snack, Dumbass “Platter” from Fish’s Eddy - Y’all. I was in Fish’s Eddy today, buying coworker gifts (A+ idea, btw) and I saw this after I’d checked out, else it’d be mine already. Although, I do think at 8 inches across (hehe), they’re using the term “platter” a bit liberally. This is like, a dessert plate at best. So maybe two?
Nora Kogan Loved Ring - It’s from the same designer as my wedding band, is the same shape, and is so pretty and delicate and amazing. I like the rose gold, because, why not?
Ok, that’s enough narcissism for one day. XOXO
I SEE SOME OF YOU ARENT VERY HAPPY RIGHT SO HERE’S A REMINDER THAT BUNNY NOSES DO THE THING
DO NOT FORGET ABOUT THE BUNNY NOSES THING
Public Opinion Poll
How do we feel about veils? Necessary or nahhh?